myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Totally Biased Book and Movie Review: Um...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Um...

Isn’t that JUST like me? I say I am going to start reviewing again, practically promise it, and then, kaput. The end. Nothing. God, I wish I could slap myself sometimes. But truthfully, it hurts when you slap yourself, more I think than if someone else slaps you. Maybe it’s because you know it’s coming, you’re anticipating the moment when hard hand strikes your tender cheek, you’re wincing inwardly, wanting to cringe… well, anyway, that is why I can’t slap myself, no matter how much I’d like to. I am too much of a wimp.

I am going to see Cloverfield in a mood totally without expectation. I have seen the previews- jerky camera, people trying to escape from new York, a girl screeching, “What IS IT?” Then I heard from someone that it was a monster that comes out of the sea.

I was like, “Godzilla, you mean?”

“No, if I meant Godzilla, “I'd say it wouldn’t I? "This is nothing like Godzilla at ALL dude. This is a new monster. The Cloverfield one.”

“Why is it called Cloverfield?”

“I.. uh.. because that’s where it comes from.”

“And it’s a monster? A sea monster?”

“Yeah- like Godzilla, but you know, not like him at ALL.”

“And it comes from Cloverfield… which is where, exactly?”

“Well I don’t know. I don’t know all that geology stuff. I just know that’s the name of the movie and so I just figured it meant the monster was from there.”

“Even though you don’t know if there is a where? Or if there is a where, where exactly it would be?”

“Right. … huh?”

Sadly, that is the extent of my knowledge of this movie.

I’ll let you know how it goes.


Oh and I got my hair cut. ALL OFF. I gave it away. It was a moment of clarity. Maybe I will review my new haircut and the new world I have entered of gels, muds, pastes, puttys, waxes and serums. Who knew?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bitty said...

Whoa! Hair all gone! Photo?

"the new world I have entered of gels, muds, pastes, puttys, waxes and serums"

Sounds like you have a new profession. Either:

Auto detailing
Auto body repair
Spa diva
Dominatrix

Am I close?

(Or you've become Victoria Principal.)

Now I'll go read the Cloverfield review because I have no intention whatsoever of seeing that movie. But I fully intend to enjoy the review.

2:26 PM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Hey, c'mon now, if you really did cut off ALL your hair, you should post a picture of it. No excuses now, I DEMAND to see a picture of your hairless head. Don't tease us like that.

SHOW IT TO ME, BABY.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics