myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Totally Biased Book and Movie Review: BLOG REVIEW SUNDAY

Friday, July 14, 2006

BLOG REVIEW SUNDAY

BLOG REVIEWS- who woulda thunk it?

I have decided to add to my reviews. I know, it seems a brash move when the past... day has gone so well. Why mess with success? But I had this thought...wouldn't it be fun to review other blogs as well?
Why yes, was the immediate answer. It would be fun.
Therefore, every Sunday, I will put away my reader hat, and put away my watcher hat, and put on my blog-explorer hat. I am one of those (I believe) rare individuals who actually goes out trolling for good blogs. I will start at the blogger homepage and click, click, click my way through blog after blog, using the handy little "Next Blog" link. Usually, it is an exercise in futility, I admit that. Most blogs are not note-worthy, or read-worthy, or worthy in any sense of my biased opinion of the word.
HOWEVER.
Sometimes, I am innocently scrolling my way through the...
  • Non-English sites (I'm not saying this is bad, it's just that I can't read Chinese letters, or Spanish for that matter. For the record, most of the people have very nice-looking profile pictures. I sincerely wish I could read the thoughts they are expressing) with the occasional stray bit of English popping out at me "So cool" blah blah blah"I want it" blah blah blah"My thinking" blah... does everyone know a "little" English and these are the phrases?
  • The mis-spelled and badly written sites that make me clench my jaw (and hey, I admit to the run-on sentence crime, but at least I'm coherent. At least you can understand what I'm saying...I hope), sometimes admittedly written by non-English speaking people who are attempting to do their blog in a language I can understand, so I give them credit for that, but it doesn't help if I can't read it due to lack of grammatical accuracy, so unfortunately, their thoughts are lost to me as well....
  • The angst-filled teen sites filled with "shortwave speak" (I went 2 the mall w B it wuz 2 cool I can c U nvr wnt 2 the plz w him b4) that scramble my brain and leave me gaping around sightlessly and mumbling about the good old times and kids today (or gd ol timez & kidz 2day)
  • The advertising blogs ... BUY CHEESE CHEESE HATS CHEESE STRAW CHEESE PASTE CHEESE IT LOOK AT THE CHEESE FOR SALE CLICK HERE FOR CHEESE RELATED SITES.... they of the endless spam comments which have forced most legitimate bloggers to arm their comment boxes with verification codes and passwords...sad, I remember the good old days when you could comment and remain anonymous, which I did, frequently.
  • The "news" blogs, that are probably very useful to a number of news-seekers, one of whom I am not... if I want to read the news, I have any number of ways of finding it, and I don't need to read a blog on it. This is, of course, not the same as people who discuss their opinions on the news...that is quite interesting to me. I am always interested in others' opinions...probably why I think someone will give a small poop about mine. There has to be someone else in the world like me, right? (whisper voice in head says, "Oh sooo wrong")
  • The kiddieblogs. These are those dread blogs where Mommies-In-Luv* blog all about their amazing, precious and precocious children, who do things that no other child has ever done and hence, are blogged-about. (Little Timmy had a nice BM today, small lumps of light tan with what looked like peas... so proud that he let me know he was uncomfortable after he did it. I swear, I think sometimes he really communicates with his grunts...he has special ones for different things). These blogs are, no doubt, fascinating to other family members of afore-mentioned kiddies (or maybe not, I don't give a good Goddam what my nephew crapped today) but not to me, not to me. Skating right on, thanks. Oh, by the way, there are some exceptions to this rule as well, MIL* who are DANG FUNNY and therefore, read-worthy to me. I have a couple in my favorites. I'll certainly introduce them later in bloglife.
...well sometimes I stumble across a gem. A blogdiamond in the blogrough.
One that makes me laugh, or cry, or think.
I'll bookmark that puppy in 2 seconds flat and read it faithfully from there on out. This means that on the days that I check in with all of my bookmarked-blogs, I sit on my ever-widening ass for long periods of time. Most days, I check in with my Oldees-Goodees favorites (you probably know who you are, if you're reading this) and click on the Newsie Funsies once a month or so.
Yes, I make up the titles myself. Thank you very much.
Now, the whole, long rambling fricking point of this is, I will be sharing.
Every Sunday. Bringing to your screen a blog of note. A Blog Review.
If I discover that a few people are actually ever reading these here reviews, I'll go ahead and unwrap my Favorites, share a few of them with the populace. But not until it's worth it to them to get a review. If that ever happens. No holding of breaths in this seat.
Since I don't intend to review any of the un-readable blogs (like those mentioned above, in bulleted glory) I'm not bothering to set a scale like the Reading Rainbow. It's just going to be like this: every Sunday, a blog to look at, that I like, and why I like it.
Check it. You might be surprised and/or delighted and that's a risk most of us can't afford not to take.


3 Comments:

Blogger Meowkaat said...

Ah welcome Small Wolf... haven't seen you in FOREVER. Just because I don't want to see his poo, doesn't mean I don't want to see my nephew. Email me sometime, huh? I miss you.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should email my friend about this.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics