myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Totally Biased Book and Movie Review: Rock of Love Series Premiere

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rock of Love Series Premiere



Rock of Love

Starring Bret Michaels and assorted women

VH1

Sundays


I thought Flavor of Love was over the top, as far as trashy wimmin, overacting former stars and the dramas that ensures when one of them is placed in a house full of many of the others. Don’t get me wrong- I loved Flavor of Love. Plus, I watched every episode of I love New York. I am not sure why, but I really, really like those kind of “reality” T.V. shows. I guess VH1 calls them “Celeb- Reality” and most of the ones I like are on that channel. Gene Simmon’s show is on A&E of all channels, as is this upcoming one that is already on my Must see list… it is called The Two Coreys, and yes, it is Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. I can see the eyebrows of every other 80’s kid shoot straight up to their hairline. No, I am not kidding- check it out.

But I am getting off-track, as usual. The point I wanted to make was that I thought Flavor of Love was crazy. Hehehehe, last Sunday, I caught the first episode of Rock of Love. This is Flavor of Love, Hair Band Style. The Object of all of the crazy ho affection is Bret Michaels, the lead singer of Poison, a perpetual bachelor who, although he sometimes makes statements with a surprising amount of depth to them, is obviously still also a teenage boy at heart- or in his pants. He likes partying, cowboy hats, motocross and is instantly attracted to the girls that look like they would like to have “hot rocker sex”… and ladies, if you have tattoos and smirk on your face, look out, because you are one of them, baby. Of course, it could be that these women give off some pheromone that Bret can smell, and the camera can’t pick up. Before this show, the most I knew about Bret Micheaels was that he was the basis for the“1st” boyfriend in Pamela Anderson’s “fictional” book, Star. The one she walked in on having sex with like three other women. Which of course makes me doubt the honesty of this show’s premise. GASP. Do you think it could all be an act????

Among the Ladies battling for Bret’s love is Tiffany, who was supposed to never make it past the front door, but who wheedled her way backing, and proceeded to get roaringly drunk, and slur and insult her way through the rest of the evening. She also mashed poor Bret’s penis to death in a bouncing, supposed-to-be-coy, sit-on-yer-lap dance that had him wincing in agony. The producers or directors or whoever of this show have a sense of humor, and it’s worth a chuckle to see the subtitles they run across the bottom of the screen while she is “talking”. There is “Rodeo” a.k.a. Cindy, who is a personal trainer (very, very fit) and who seems to be a little different from the rest of the pack in that she is more centered, and less self-centered than the rest of them. This could be because, as she told Bret, she once broke both legs and had to learn to walk again, and had cancer. That’ll take some of the Me out of you. Anyway, just between us, I am already liking her for the winner. Brandi C. is the complete opposite, a woman whose childishness and idiocy make me want to dye my hair immediately and was certainly kept around only because she told Bret that if he was chosen, he could have three other girlfriends. Brandi M. on the other hand, is one of those hot rocker sex girls and seems to have a good sense of humor. Lacey is an actual rocker herself, which is bound to be cool to Bret, but she has this vicious gleam in her eye that makes me more interested in her for the drama factor than for if she ends up the winner. Sam should be interesting, because it is obvious Bret is into her, but she is a non-drinker who feels pretty out of place in the rowdy party atmosphere. Magdalena talks constantly about another woman appearing to be “manly” and “man-like” in this really deep, masculine voice. Hehehe.

Throughout the first episode, Bret was pulled, jerked, yanked and basically treated as a tug-toy among these many women who have all watched enough realty shows themselves to know they have to get on the drama boat if they hope to stay in the game. The real entertainment was provided by the drunkenness that was Tiffany, and the few off-party clips of the girls making comments, about how great they are and how ridiculousness unfit for Bret the other gals are. Sheer stupidity is often fun to watch, if you’re in the right stage of mind, and trust me, by Sunday night, I am. Count me a regular watcher of this deliciously stupid new TV show.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics