myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Totally Biased Book and Movie Review: Never Forget

Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget


Normally I would not ever put up a post with such a sappy title, but today is the exception. Today I feel sappy, if by sappy, you mean "sad and emotional, thinking about an event from the past which too many other people seem to have forgotten all about".

Today is the unholy anniversary... it's been 8 years since the attacks of World Trade Center and The Pentagon. The following is quoted from the 2996 project:

"On that day 2,996 people were ripped from their lives. But as the media and society tend to do, they have focused on the killers. We’ve all learned more about them than we wanted to. On that day many of us made a pledge to never forget what happened."


See, I am one of them. I haven't forgotten.

I invite you to visit some of them, if you haven't forgotten, too.

Here is the link to Project 2996.

Here is my own tribute, to Eddie. I have been fortunate enough to have some of his family members and friends visit this tribute and write wonderful things to me. They've told me that my "made-up" imaginings of Edward K. Oliver, were right on...that it sounded like I knew him. Nothing could have made me happier.

I have been thinking about this, as today approached, if as many people as me are sappy about 9/11, if people haven't forgotten, but simply no longer "speak of it", in that stupidly polite way we have . So, as an experiment, I have been saying, randomly, to people I run into, "Wow, can't believe it is almost September 11th," for the past couple of days.

I only got one blank look. Every other person made it a point to agree with me, and from the lady who took my money for an oil change to the guy in the produce aisle at the grocery store, everyone took the time to share with me...how they felt, or where they were, or agree with me that time has slipped past so quickly, and that time seems to, if not heal, at least dull all wounds. But except for that one blank-look guy, who, in all fairness, might have been dazzled by my beauty and unable to speak... we haven't forgotten.

I will not. I cannot speak for anyone else, but as for me, I will not ever forget.



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics