myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Totally Biased Book and Movie Review: A Picture Meme

Friday, October 13, 2006

A Picture Meme

A tag for all reasons.

My protégée Alethegoodsoul (I really like this girl) over at Observe and Analyze has tagged my ass.

If you don’t like memes, as many, many of you “pretend” not to…and it’s just because you’re afraid no one will tag you- yes it is! I know it is! It’s like getting picked last for the softball team... standing there, really praying that someone, anyone, will think you look like you might be able to catch a ball. So don’t give me that “I’m waaay too uber cool to do a meme”, just listen for a second, if you please.

I love memes. Tag me any frickin time, ok? There is something about a meme that will stop me in my internet tracks and make me read. It’s a glimpse of the person…ok, so maybe it’s not always the person in truth, but it’s a glimpse of the person that they want you to see. It’s – excuse my overly romantic dribble- a bit of dreaming, a flash of heart. I will read any meme, any time. In fact, I have bookmarked a certain spot where memes is the whole pagedy goodness. I will randomly trot through blogland, looking for memes and often decide to bookmark and return to that person’s site based on the memes alone.

So, I like them. It’s ok to admit if you like them, too. (I promise I will never tell) I bet other people even like them. I also bet other people don’t like them because… it’s all about someone other than me- but that’s a matter of self-centerdness that should be kept completely to yourself, you arrogant twit. Heeeeheee. Aw come on, I’m jokin.

Here’s the deal, wagon wheel…. If I tag you, and you’re one of the Too-cool-to-meme, forgive me. Ignore me. Rant at me. But if you secretly want to do the meme, send it to my email and your secrets will be safe with me. The reason I’m tagging you is because I’m interested in YOU, dingaling. I want to know you. And isn’t that even a little flattering?

(NO, Kaat, it’s not. Butt the frick out of my business). Well, you're a grouch then. And I tag you anyway.

This meme, however, is a bit of unusual, and I like it a lot.

"8 Things I find amazing, in picture form". Even the meme haters must admit that's different, isn't it?

Now I have to go browse my hard drive for amazing things.

In the meantime, I tag (let’s just do ten, for the fun of it)….

Mighty Michele, she I dub Ms. Mysterious

Uncle Nutzy, now that he’s finally blogging again

Konagod, he always gives good pics

Jessie, Sweet as Shugah

Serena, who has sworn to never do a tag again…BUT LOOK AT HER BLOG, shouldn’t she be the one I ask about Amazing things in PICTURE FORM? I ask, isn’t she????

Patrick, because he asked me not to and I’m contrary like that. You don’t have to do it, but I can tag you whenever I want. NAH-NAH!

My Brother, because I bet he has a shit load of awesome pictures/graphics. That’s just how he is.

Cat, who is one of my newly added bloggers

Sarah X Dylan, because I bet there’s really interesting pictures on her hard drive and I bet what she finds “amazing” would make me laugh…though I doubt she checks all the billions of her emails she must get.

Last but NEVER least, My Much Adored Jay, though she might hate me for it and never even acknowledge such a stoopid tag.

If you’re breathing a sigh of relief because I didn’t tag you this time… well, the operative words to note are “This time”. I’ll get you, my pretty. And your little Toto, too.




Eight Things I Find Amazing...in Picture Form


#1. Tiny living creatures... especially this one...


#2. The California Redwoods...


#3. Making my friends laugh...


#4. Determination....


#5. My husband's arms....


#6. Playing in the ocean....


#7. Having the chance to stop and smell the roses.....


#8. My sons....






P.S. And to take the place of the lame-os who "Hate" tags, I tag Most Bodacious Bitty!





20 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Michele said...

I don't even know if my stupid template can handle 8 little photos, but I'll see what I can do. BTW, it's just like dodgeball...I feel loved ;)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Mighty Michele said...

Oh, and your family is sizzlin hot, every damn one of you.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

My wife figured I needed to work on your "Book" meme so I did that one first and only THEN found this post!

Anyway, mine is done too!

How current are those photos you used? ;)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

no, no she isn't.

neat idea, though

;)

6:44 PM  
Blogger sock monkey said...

A true pleasure to view!

7:08 PM  
Blogger SecondComingOfBast said...

Those are cool pictures all right. Too bad I don't have a digital camera. Also, I can only seem to do one picture per post, for some reason. I tried to add a second one for one post and it wouldn't do it.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Meowkaat said...

heehee... this was fun to do. I am really looking forward to seeing the ones other people do.
I know- aren't all my boys hunks?
(Oktyabr...where the hell did you come up with that spelling?.... pics were all from this spring/summer- both boys have had haircuts since. Oh and I's hair is brown again by now LOL)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Bitty said...

Yes...gorgeous family!

And why didn't I get tagged? :(

Well, nyah, nyah, nyah I'll do it anyway, just not today 'cause I only have time to do a little visiting today...and I have to THINK about this.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Meowkaat said...

You're tagged, Bitty! REFRESH and see proof!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Friðvin said...

Damn, Can I use that photo of your husband's arms as one of my 8?

:lol:

2:42 PM  
Blogger Meowkaat said...

Absolutely!!!! :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Lizza said...

Good lord in heaven, what great pictures! I especially loved the playing in the ocean and the determination shots. (And your hubby's arms are great, too!)

I hope to read your answers to the long-ish meme you saw on my blog. I'll be back!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote: Oktyabr...where the hell did you come up with that spelling?....

It's the Russian spelling. Lots of the new places I tried to sign up either forbid a common word like "October" or the name was already taken so I adopted the Russian version to do in pinch ;)

I sort of like it better than the English version.

For those of you having problems posting multiple photos? Two words of advice...
Flock and Wordpress ;)

Flock is the blogger's dream webbrowser. If you blog, you should be using Flock. Be sure to take time to configure it! I've blogged extensively about it:

http://oktyabr.wordpress.com/tag/web/browsers/flock/

Wordpress is in many ways superior to any other free blog I've tried (yes, I have a blogspot too, mostly abandoned now: http://oktyabr.blogspot.com/ )

9:54 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Such lovely photographs Kaat. I envy your husband for his arms and wife. (Just don't tell God)

:p

4:36 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I totally hope I said "I envy your husband for his arms and wife." I may be a devil but I don't want to come across as a gay devil. Thats just asking for trouble.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That turtle photo is indeed fabulously amazing! Oh, and so are your husband's arms. :p

8:39 AM  
Blogger Meowkaat said...

Devil or not, gay or not...hey, anyone can enjoy those arms. ;)
And don't worry, God doesn't listen to me, anyway.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mighty Michele said...

Kaat,
I told you I had a "stupid" template when it comes to photos. I can only upload one as it's own post, not even WITH any writing. And then the ONE that does show up always says "undefined" next to it. Uggh. So, here's the deal. If you tag me for a non-photo meme that is both challenging and fascinating (i.e. not, what book is currently sitting on your nightstand collecting dust), then I promise I'm in. ;)
Mich

4:14 PM  
Blogger Meowkaat said...

It'sa deal-e-o! Although the next meme I've committed to doing is...um, kind of long and reeeely different. I don't know that I'll tag anyone with it. I'll get to it sometime this week.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Clickin Mama J said...

I did the picture meme... Slow but sure. That's me! Check it out... :-)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics