myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Totally Biased Book and Movie Review: Who Are We Blog Review

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Who Are We Blog Review

Who Are We

http://hunna2.blogspot.com/

Blog asking questions and expecting answers



I have been tagged by Jessie at Who Are We. Since the tag is about books I’m happy to do it, and since Who Are We is my Sunday Blog, it makes into one twighlight-zone music playing in the background, creepy weird coincidental thing. So I’m doing my regular weekend post today, instead of Sunday, and I’m including the tag. Isn’t my life amazingly intricate???? Ok, maybe not…but I must add motion to my otherwise placid and sad little self. Sometimes drama is the only way to do it.

Who Are We is an interesting little place, and is fairly young in the blogworld, but going strong. Jessie started it up in August and it’s gained a little following already. People (including my purrfectly fickly self) come back, again and again. Why? Because Jessie aint afraid to ask questions, that’s why!

Who Are We describes itself like this: I'm just a girl. I thought I knew who I was, what I like, and where I was going with my life. Then my life changed. Now I'm not sure who I am... Do any of us really know? So I figure while I try to figure out who I am you can figure out who you are too... Let's take a journey.

You might be scratching your heads, or your pubic hairs, and wondering what the heck that’s supposed to be. Well, it was interesting enough to snag my attention, and I stuck around to see.

Every day or so, Jessie asks a question- and answers it. She invites her readers to respond in the comments section. For people who love to have contact with others in blogville, to read about others’ quirky little facts and expose their own to others, wyellll, this is a mighty cool blog to hanging at, let me say. Sometimes the questions are serious as a straight-browed-faced, sometimes they’re goofy and nonsensical. The same little pack comes back to answer and wait for more.

I can see this blog developing into something pretty big, with lots of regular readers eventually, and many, many comments. I hope so. I hope everyone…. from the preacher down at Tiny Jesus’s Pentacostal Church O’ Fire to the drug addicted Hollywood photographer with greasy hair and big hands who types like a muppet… eventually comes here to answer questions. Mostly ‘cause I’m nosy. But also because I think it’s a cool way to get to see the differences, the blurring of the lines, between us all. Sometimes I answer questions. Sometimes I just read the responses, because people fascinate me, they really do. Especially the people who read this blog. So I hope you’ll head over, bookmark the spot, and at least occasionally answer. Otherwise, you know what that says about you…. You don’t play well with others. And you probably eat glue.

Oh go check it. Won’t hurt you to be cooperative for once.

Tuh Tuh Tuh TAGGED….


1. One book that changed your life- hardest question first.
No question about it- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway, by Susan Jeffers. Took me from a quivering mass of exposed nerve endings, always jumping in fright at my own shadow, or the thought of my own shadow, and led me toward serenity… ok, so I’m not there yet, per se… but I’m on my way.

2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once.
Wraeththu by Storm Constantine…. In fact I’ve read this like six or seven times, all billions of pages of it. My favorite science fiction. Ok, so it’s really more of a fantasy, romance, modern sort of thing… but just let me set it up for you… a hermaphroditic race is slowly overtaking the world, but they are so girly that even the female reader wants to be one too. Erotic, exotic, evocative…my favorite of ALL TIME lose-myself-in-a-story story. And it’s a million pages long, which I like.

One Book That You'd Want On A Desert Island.

Shogun by James Clavell. First of all, because it’s one my my ATF (All Time Favorites), secondly because it’s thick as hell so it’d last longer than a day…but who are we kidding? If I had only one book on an island, I’d use it to beat myself to death.

4. One Book That Made You Laugh.

Well geez, lots of them…all the time. Don’t you read my reviews? But most recently… I read Jenny McCarthy’s three books about being pregnant, having a kid, and getting a divorce. They were all hilarious, but I think I really peed a little while laughing at the last one, Life Laughs: The Naked Truth about Motherhood, Marriage, and Moving On...
Hint- she tells her most embarrassing moments and they are so embarrassing I’m amazed she didn’t kill herself immediately, with a butter knife, both times. We are talking poop moments. Yes, poop. Don’t read if you have a weak stomach (or a small sense of humor).


5. One Book That Made You Cry.


One? Again? What is it with this “one” shit? Books make me cry all the frickin time. Like a baby. Much snot and red eyes and clogged voice trying to sound normal when I answer the phone. Most recently, it was Delusions of Grandma by Carrie Fisher (see my review about it if you’re nosy, or interested)

6. One Book That You Wish You Had Written.


Dammit, I wish I had written a book that sold…anything, as long as it sold, you know, more than a copy or two to like, my Grandma, and her book club.

7. One Book You Wish Had Never Been Written.
One? How can I choose one of the many Harlequin romances I was forced to read while babysitting my neighbor’s kids in junior high? There was no other printed material in the house, unless you count the words “Charmin- Don’t squeeze it” and directions for sleeping pills printed on the bottle. Those books SUCKED. Leading me to believe, of course, that I could easily get published when I grew up…so they lied to me as well! BITCHES!

8. One Book That You Are Reading Right Now.


I'm reading Jennifer Weiner’s (what an unfortunate last name) In Her Shoes…and yes, people, the book is indeed better than the movie.

9. One Book That You Have Been Meaning To Read.
Song of Soloman by Toni Morrison. Sitting on my desk, but I’m afraid it will be sad, of COURSE it will be sad…what am I, an idiot? So I’m waiting for a nice big round of PMS to kick it off for me, and then I’ll read it.

10. Tag five others that you would like to do this meme. Isokesa, Bitty, Homegirl, SockPuppet, and AleTheGoodSoul

8 Comments:

Blogger Clickin Mama J said...

Thanks for such a nice review! I'm glad you like to come and answer my questions. I love the Jenny books too!!! Seriously Belly Laughs about made me pee my pants.

9:27 AM  
Blogger sock monkey said...

So I've been tagged eh? :-)

Give me a day or so... I'm winding down from a week from work hell...

7:39 AM  
Blogger sock monkey said...

I've accepted the challenge. I've only done four so far, but more to come...

9:45 AM  
Blogger Meowkaat said...

You go girls! Readers note that these ladies were chosen based upon their wit, intelligence and the respect that I personally have for their opinions...so go read the memes!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCORE!!! I was chose by my wit, intelligence and respect awesome kaat has for me! *huge grin*

If you wanna check out my answers... they are up and running! (there's a weird post before that just... skip it, if you want...)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Meowkaat said...

Woot! I'm making up another meme right now so that I can pry into all the secret thoughts of my readers...mwhahaha. It will most likely be called Meowkaat's Mind Control Meme...also known as Who's your Mama?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Bitty said...

Bitty here, returning from whereveritisivebeen...

Now that I'm trying to be back, Blogger is being a big ol' pain and won't let me actually post anything. Maybe it's just not feeling well right now.

I'll go type something up on Word and put it on ice until Blogger is better.

But I'm with you, Kaat. One???

(Song of Solomon's worth it. Haven't read it in about 12 years, though, so I don't remember all the details.)

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I DID it! ALL ten questions!

"One" sure got used a lot more than I would have liked in this sort of situation ;)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics